Sunday 14 October 2012

My Sister's 50th Birthday Present

After a very crazy weekend of birthdays - mine on Friday, my sister's 50th on Saturday and my brother-in-law's on Sunday, I finally have time to post my special project! This project was a request from my sister after seeing a printer tray I did for my neighbour's 50th last year. Even though I had asked for photos, there were none forthcoming. So I decided to select a series of photos I have taken from November last year until recently. We had a few significant family events during the year and some of those were reflected in the photo's. They included my cousin's wedding, my niece's 21st, the other nieces's Debutante Ball and my third niece's Confirmation. I purposely selected photos of just my sister and her family and included one photo of a rare occasion when my brother came back from Oman for his daughter's confirmation in Sydney. It is rare that we get a photo of the three siblings together with Mum. I decided to use Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe for the project as I fell in love with it after seeing it in Brisbane earlier this year. Due to the weight, shipping the paper from the US is expensive, so I have been searching high and low for this paper. Finally, two weeks ago, a fellow crafter in Victoria listed this as one of the items she was selling so I snapped it up straight away. The papers arrived on Monday and I started working on the project on Tuesday night and had it finished by the end of the week. Boy, am I glad that I don't do this often! The number of hours that went into this project is equivalent to making 10 cards! Anyway she loved it when I gave it to her last night! Some details of the panels can be seen below. Thanks for dropping by!








Ingredients:
Photo Frame - Kaisercraft
Paint - Kaisercraft Black, Varnish
Paper - Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe 12x12pad
Ink - Color Box Brown, Tim Holtz Distress Gathered Twigs
Dies - MFT DieNamics Numbers, Curled Roses, Upsy Daisy, Rolled Daisy, Martha Stewart lace punch
Others - Typo Washi Tape, Ribbon roses, Kaisercraft pearls, Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue Brads, Vintage cotton spools, laser cut mats, seam binding, twine from The Twinery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...