Monday 29 April 2013

A Masculine 21st Album

A bit of exciting news! One of my submissions for PC Supply Savvy was accepted for publication! Yay! This will be my second card in Paper Crafts magazine!
Some of my blog followers will remember that I did a 21st album for signing for my niece last year - blogged here. Well her boyfriend had just turned 21 this month and I was asked to do another album. As it was a surprise birthday party, I could not blog it until afterwards... just in case. I decided to use the Kaisercraft 21st album and combined it with papers from Kaisercraft. It took me a few days to get the cover finished as I was playing with techniques and media I don't use often. The cover was painted with two coats of Kaisercraft Mud Puddle paint followed by Tim Holtz Distress crackle in Antique Linen. This cracked very well showing up the brown underneath. I thought this looked too pale (this was the only colour crackle paint I had). I then dabbed Viva Special Metal bronze and silver paints over the top to achieve a final result that I was happy with. I'm submitting this project to Die-Cut Divas' Washi and Birthday challenge. Thanks for dropping by!





Here are some photos from Nick's party with my niece and one with my Mum and all the Grandkids.







Ingredients
Cardstock - Neenah Solar White, Tim Holtz Core-Dinations Distress collection
Paper - Kaisercraft Vintage Timeless
Die - MFT tall alphabets
Paints - Kaisercraft Mud Puddle and Umber, Viva Decor Bronze and Silver, Tim Holtz Crackle Antique Linen, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Gathered Twigs
Others - leather, Tim Holtz Ideology Key,

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous Cecilia. What a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful album. Beautifully done. Fantastic idea.

    Glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas' challenge.

    Remember, tomorrow is the start of a brand new challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...