Wednesday 22 January 2014

Inspired by Jennifer McGuire

Jennifer McGuire showed this really cool technique on her blog a few weeks ago. I have a few wedding cards to make, so I thought I would give it a go. The biggest sentiment I have belongs to a PTI stampset Big Wishes which I have used over and over again and it was just perfect for this technique. I initially embossed in white on white card.... well it didn't look that good... so I switched to silver EP and Voila, here is my card! The deckled edges are also embossed. I'm going to be off the blogging radar for a little while as I'm going overseas and then coming back for Chinese New Year. I'm involved in a lot of Chinese community events over the two weeks of Chinese New Year, so I will try and get to my craft room whenever I can.


Challenge:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Emboss it
Ingredients:
Neenah Solar white, PTI Big Wishes, Lovely Layers and Happiness in Blooms, Versamark, Hero Arts Bubblegum, Passionflower, Soft Granite, Green Hills and Pool, Memento Luxe Dandelion, Pearls from Kaisercraft and decorative ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. Cecilia, this is so pretty and you nailed Jennifers technique. I love that you also embossed the deckled edges it adds just that extra bit of punch! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Cecelia :-) I love the colours and whole design of this, the silver embossing looks just perfect too :-) very pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! I love the silver! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card - have a wonderful Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...